THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, November 13, 2014

BUttastic ...

I read about the Kenyan girls who are brutally circumcised...
I read about the Indian women who died after forcible and barbaric birth control procedures ...
I read about the rape of a kid, of women, about the non-rape of a post menopausal old woman ...
I read about Kim's latest photoshoot... It's Buttabulous and BUttastic ....
Everything defies logic affecting you in different ways as a woman ... Yet you choose to write or talk about one specific issue...and no matter how frivolous ... the BUTT is political too ...
I've never had a 'typical' FEMINIST reaction to KIM K. And i fail to understand the vitriolic backlash and comments about her. She obviously has put in a lot of time , money and effort into looking the way she does. She wants to flaunt it, and make some serious money in the process and she does it... So what? We all do it in degrees... flaunt what we have for whatever purposes...
Does obsessing over KIM and blogging about her make me shallow? 
Does not writing about the Kenyan girls and the Indian women make me callous to the real and disturbing issues?
Or not writing about it as i write about it is my way of dealing with the injustices meted out to women?

No comments: